Monday, August 17, 2009

Apartment Insurance

Recently, a friend of mine moved to low income apartments. He was able to get in because of his low income status. One thing I noticed about these apartments is that there is a high crime rate even though the apartment complex itself looks fairly nice. In fact, at his particular complex there were numerous apartment break-ins. I checked up the reviews on an apartment reviewing website and noticed that break-ins was a common occurence. I told my friend that he should be careful of his property. I also suggested that he get some rental insurance. Rental insurance is pretty cheap and it can protect you from loss occurring from theft and natural disasters. He thought it was a good idea and went with my suggestion since it did not cost him much anyways.

He checked online and found a website where he could compare insurance rates. It was so easy for him to compare the rates and he found the insurance that he wanted. About a month later after he bought the insurance, his apartment was broken into. The thief had stolen his flat screen TV, mp3 player, and laptop. The total loss was about 1000 dollars. The insurance covered most of the costs. He told me that he was really thankful to have bought the insurance. Without it, he would be in the hole right now.